Saturday, March 14, 2009

Envirothon!

Okay, so Greyson and I had our Envirothon competition yesterday, and I just want to tell you how that went. I guess I'll start with what envirothon is. Well, it's this thing where you're on a team of five people and there are five subjects to study(soils, wildlife, aquatics, current environmental issues, and forestry). Each person on the team takes a subject to study. So you study until the competition rolls around and then what you do for the competition is you go around to the stations and at each station take a test on one of the five subjects. So that's basically what it is and I just want to say that it is really fun, although it doesn't sound like it.
Anyway, Greyson's team and my team competed against 39 other teams. Only, the top seven teams get to go to the state competition. Greyson's team, the A team was their name, came in fourth place! My team, the five musketeers was our name, ........................ won first place! Each member on my team got a medal and the whole team got a plaque, which I get to keep because of my high score for our team. So anyway just wanted to update you on that. I'll see if I can get a picture of my plaque and medal up sometime this week.

6 comments:

Tami said...

Good job, Mikaila and Greyson! We are proud of you both.

Anonymous said...

congrats, guys! :) way to go! love the new look for your blog!

Christina said...

try to get a pic of y'alls teams too!

one question... does everyone take all 5 tests??

great job! i know that was a lot of work for you guys!

Bob Daniels said...

Well, as a team we take all five tests. I just found out we don't have any pictures so when we go to state I'll get some pictures of our entire teams.

Alana said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

Alana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.