Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Rock Climbing!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday night our family went to a indoor rock climbing place. Mom, daddy, and I belayed* and all of us climbed. Me belaying Brianna
Nice to meet you I am Spider man. Hi I'm spider girl. :)
Pose for the picture(even though your 12 feet in the air)
Greyson on his way back down from his exhilarating climb.
Mom and I on top of the cliff in the middle of the building. (you can't tell but at the moment the picture was taken mom was completely freaking out. She does not like heights.)
Mom and I on top of the cliff

Brianna and I on a ledge at the top of one of the routes
Daddy belaying Greyson

Spider boy and Spider girl
Miss monkey


*For those of you who didn't know, belaying is like spotting in gymnastics except for rock climbing. The belayer stands at the bottom of the rock and has a rope attached to them that's also attached to the person and helps the person go up and come down safely, just in case you fall you don't kill yourself. Although it doesn't make me feel any safer. :)

3 comments:

Christina said...

NOW THERE'S A FAMILY WHO KNOWS HOW TO HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!

And Yeah! I'd say belaying is a pretty important job!! Your parents must trust you. One time while I was belaying a guy a kid ran underneath us and I got distracted. He started coming down pretty fast, and I didn't stop him until he was about 3 feet from the ground. Made him a little nervous!

Tami said...

HOW FUN! I want to go next time we are there.

(This is Tami, not Hannah -- Can you imagine? Spider Baby!)

Bob Daniels said...

Its a plane! Its a bird! Its spider-baby! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! That would be bad!